Odisha Skills Development Project (OSDP), Government of Odisha, India
Year - 2015
Client - Asian Development Bank (ADB)
Odisha Skills Development Project (OSDP) aimed to contribute to enhanced capacity of Odisha State Employment Mission (OSEM) and Directorate of Technical Education and Training (DTET) to provide market responsive, demand-driven, self-sustaining skills framework in priority sectors and skills for improved employability of the working age population of Odisha. We conducted labour market analysis, Monitoring & Evaluation assessments, institutional assessments, and evaluation of Public Private Partnership (PPP) models to support skills development.
We undertook due diligence including labor market analysis; monitoring & evaluation assessment; fiduciary assessment; environment and social safeguards assessment; gender, social, and poverty impact assessment, institutional assessment, assessment for PPP models, procurement assessment, etc. We also:
- Provided expertise in Public-Private Partnerships (PPP): Drew on Indian, regional and international experience to draw up PPP options for Odisha, identified options for PPP in overall coordination and service delivery. Explored private financing, joint-financing, private management of public facilities and provide specific advise relevant to proposed loan project;.
- Reviewed and validated skills gap analysis already undertaken for Odisha to identify priority sectors and emerging demands for skills in the next 5-10 years ;
- Conducted Initial Poverty and Social Analysis, identified design features to maximise social inclusion including better jobs for females, poverty reduction and stakeholder participation, Prepared Gender Action Plan including estimated costs of implementation, proposed gender responsive IEC materials to provide employment options and career pathways for women in non- traditional sectors;
- Ensured that the design and construction of training facilities does not result in any adverse environmental impact, prepared an Environment Assessment and Review Framework and an Initial Environmental Examination.
- Improved equitable access to quality skill development;
- Enhanced relevance of skill development programs;
- Strengthened skill ecosystem in the State;
- Improved employability of the working age population of Odisha;
- Enhanced capacity of Odisha State Employment Mission (OSEM).