Roy has over 40 years’ experience in the climate, infrastructure and urban development sectors. He is responsible for Manila office and operations in the Southeast Asia region.
Roy brings over 40 years’ professional experience of the climate, infrastructure, and urban development sectors of the developing and developed world. He provides technical consultancy support, management and leadership in cities, infrastructure, and climate change. He has advised national and local governments and the private sector on affordable housing and urban renewal, climate and infrastructure finance, public private partnerships, and strategic urban development.
He has worked for many years with the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the World Bank and UK’s Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office, preparing and structuring urban development, shelter, climate, and infrastructure projects for financing. He has significant experience of institutional strengthening and capacity development programmes and undertakes assignments for ADB’s Independent Evaluation Department on public and private sector projects and programmes. He has authored and co-authored several major publications, including the ADB’s Managing Asian Cities, and City Development Strategies to Reduce Poverty. He is resident in Asia.
- Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Rwanda, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia
- Bangladesh, Cambodia, Cook Islands, People’s Republic of China, Fiji Islands, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, S
- Jordan, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates
- Armenia, Bulgaria, Georgia, Ireland, Poland
- Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles