Environment, forests and climate change
Addressing some of the greatest development challenges related to our changing environment, climate change and forests
We bring practical, hands-on experience in designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating projects in environment, forest governance and climate resilient development.
The complex interlinkages between poverty, development and the environment are well known: environmental degradation often affects the poor disproportionately, but poverty can also be a driver of unsustainable natural resource use and environmental decline. These impacts are amplified through the effect of climate change; and all impacts play out differently across differences in gender, social class and ethnicity. Forests, in particular, play an important role in the global ecosystem, intersecting with issues across multiple dimensions from livelihoods and land use through to forest management and monitoring, global trade and the management of global carbon emissions.
We bring practical, hands-on experience in designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating projects in environment, forest governance and climate resilient development, with a large portfolio of forest governance work that reflects our strong in-house expertise.
Our services include:
- Policy studies and policy briefs (on forest policy processes such as FLEGT, REDD+ and deforestation issues)
- Monitoring and evaluation of forest governance and climate change programmes
- Environmental and social management plans and frameworks
- Climate resilient infrastructure designs
- Low carbon and adaptation/resilience products and services
- Capacity strengthening of institutions
- Gender mainstreaming in environment
- Technical assistance to help governments and institutions access climate finance
Credit: Forest & Dwelling photos by Tom Blomley