Private sector development
Building vibrant, competitive markets, with dynamic private companies to create jobs and prosperity for all on a sustained basis
We help projects and programmes working to build a strong private sector and competitive, inclusive markets in Africa and Asia.
The private sector is the engine of inclusive economic growth and an essential partner in the fight against poverty and climate change. The behaviour and performance of firms determines how poor people access goods and services, shapes labour market opportunities and is a critical source of development finance. Private sector innovation is at the forefront of the fight against climate change, providing products and services to reduce poor people’s vulnerability to climatic shocks and mitigate the long-term impact of CO2 emissions on the environment.
However, private sector performance across Africa and Asia over the past 50 years has been mixed and often shaped by high levels of market failure.
Triple Line helps tackle these challenges through:
- Research, evidence and learning for policy makers and funders to engage with the private sector and identify partnership opportunities
- Analysis of market systems and value chains to understand constraints to private sector development
- Facilitating women’s economic empowerment helping women to participate equally as economic actors
- Designing and implementing large scale, multi-year programmes that help markets work inclusively and create new opportunities for businesses
- Monitoring and evaluating private sector development programming and facilitating learning to generate strategic insights