About the job
This is a senior position which is being created following a fast expansion in our EPAL portfolio. Working closely with the EPAL Director you will manage a business stream and achieve revenue and new win targets, as a senior leader in Triple Line and a member of the company wide Operational Management Team.
Roles and responsibilities and the specific tasks you will undertake:
Leverage Triple Line’s track record and current portfolio to expand our line of work with particular focus on longer term client engagements and leveraging Triple Line’s existing thematic experience in education, private sector development, youth employment, agriculture, forest governance and climate change, civil society strengthening, MEL for funds or programmes.
Build and grow strategic client relationships especially with Foundations and FCDO, as well as other Whitehall Departments .
Develop and contribute to thought leadership initiatives to advance Triple Line’s reputation and visibility in the MEL space, including writing posts / articles for social media including the TL website and speaking at conferences and events.
As Project Director or Team Lead, deliver high value and strategic MEL contracts - e.g. MEL frameworks, monitoring systems, evaluations, impact measurement, applying methodological skills and know-how to deliver technically strong work which meets client expectations and further consolidates. Manage design, planning and delivery of work to deliver high quality outputs to client, on time and budget.
Senior technical MEL inputs on current MEL portfolio including quality assurance of client deliverables and guidance and direction to team members.
Ensure gender equality and social inclusion is mainstreamed into assignments at all stages – design, methodologies, tools, processes, outputs.
Work closely with EPAL’s Director to develop and deliver the business stream strategy and to lead and manage the business stream to meet targets.
Line manage senior colleagues in both London and East Africa and support them to manage their teams and deliver projects in line with company values (including on diversity and inclusion), policies and processes, including in relation to recruitment, on-boarding, line management, career development and performance management.
Build team capacity, through on-the-job and more formal training provision, in collaboration with senior technical and corporate colleagues.
As a member of the company wide Operational Management Team, contribute to Triple Line corporate growth strategies, business improvement initiatives and people management plans.
You will have an excellent track record of successfully delivering high value MEL contracts to a range of clients through teams of international and national consultants. You work collaboratively with clients, colleagues, and partners, looking for creative solutions and creating an open, supportive, and high achieving culture which values diversity. You successfully manage demanding projects, secure new work and work effectively with senior colleagues to set and execute strategy.
Essential candidate attributes:
- A Master’s degree.
- Track record of leading and delivering large (£500,000+) MEL contracts to high standard, on time and to budget.
- Strong leadership and management skills, including of remotely located and geographically dispersed consultants, with proven ability to build high performing teams and deliver high quality work through them.
- Advanced technical skills in evaluation methodologies, monitoring approaches and frameworks, learning strategy development and learning facilitation and MEL for adaptive management and programme strengthening, with gender equality and social inclusion considerations mainstreamed.
- High level consultancy skills, including sound client relationship management and highly effective communication skills.
- Evidence that technical MEL work / skills are publicly recognised and promoted (e.g. blogs, conference presentations, publications).
- Network of relevant clients, partners, and individuals in the MEL space.
- Experience of strategy development and execution including growing business through winning contracts.
- Fluency in English, with excellent oral communication, written and presentation skills.
- The right to live and work in the UK and willingness to travel frequently.
Desirable candidate attributes:
- Master’s degree or other post-graduate qualification in a relevant subject – e.g., Business, Economics, Geography, Political Science, International Relations, or International Development.
- Thematic knowledge and track-record delivering MEL in one of Triple Line’s core sectors: education, private sector development, youth employment, agriculture, forest governance and climate change, civil society strengthening, MEL for funds or programmes.
- Proficiency in French, Spanish or other languages.
- Recent experience of living or working in Africa or Asia.
For over 20 years, Triple Line has worked with governments, financial institutions, the private sector, foundations and civil society to deliver an expanding portfolio of development assistance in countries across Africa, Asia and the rest of the world.
Climate change, loss of biodiversity, growing povert, entranched inequality, unemployment, access to decent work and shifting demographics – these are just some of the complex problems standing in the way of the global sustainable development goals. We are helping to address many of them at both a policy level and on the ground. By combining innovative thinking with practical solutions, we aim to help meet today's challenges and prepare for tomorrow's opportunities.
Our ultimate goal is to create opportunities for people, protect the environment and generate prosperity in responsible ways that create lasting value, unleash innovation and build inclusion and equity.
We work across two teams (Inclusive Growth and Resilience and Evaluation, Policy Analysis and Learning) to deliver 7 services to our clients:
- Cities and Infrastructure
- Private Sector Development
- Trade and Industrialisation
- Environment, Forests and Climate Change
- Gender and Inclusion
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Fund Management
By applying for this position, you are confirming that you allow Triple Line to retain your CV and personal details on record, unless you explicitly ask for them to be removed. In turn, we acknowledge that the team will not use your details for any purpose beyond the recruitment of this position and will not share your CV with any third party without your permission.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to 3L@tripleline.com with the subject title Application: Deputy Director EPAL. The cover letter (max 2 pages) should include an explanation of how your experience and qualifications meet the criteria for this position and provide information about your availability and salary expectations. Please ensure that your full name is included in the document name of both your CV and cover letter. Applications that do not follow these instructions may not be reviewed.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The recruitment process will include two rounds of interviews, requested samples of work and two reference checks.
Triple Line is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination within our recruitment process and actively encourage applications from a range of backgrounds. We are open to flexible office attendance / hybrid working arrangements.
Please include in your covering letter any information you would like to share with Triple Line about additional support you may need during the interview and recruitment process.